I officially became a true work from home stay at home mom. I absolutely love it. I get to hang out with the baby all day then work at night. I think this is really going to work out the best scenario for our little family. Honestly after this last month i have no idea what i would have done had i been going to a job away from home. Having the 5 second commute and not necessarily having to be freshly showered to work has been a saving grace for me this last month. I have a new found respect for the full time working mother (outside of the home) as well as the stay at home mom. I am now kind of doing both so it was quite a transition. I am getting a grip on it and getting Amelia feeling better so every thing is back on the upswing again.
So anyway, now we have a wonderful lactose free formula that Amelia devours any chance she gets. Her tummy is doing much better...her poop is of normal color and consistency...we are putting on lots of weight!!! Which i think in my absence here i did not even get to post about her two month check up and her first round of shots (mommy is recovering nicely thanks). she only weighed 10 pounds at her 2 month checkup but is healthy. We are starting to develop a schedule and this has allowed mommy to have some time to herself. So here I am back at doing one of the things i love to do and that is write and post here to all my friends and family.
So at the ripe age of 13 weeks today 02-24-2009 Amelia has made the following Grand accomplishments:
1. thrown up in mommies mouth
2. pooped all over herself and got it her and mommy's hair
3. peed on her doctor
4. did a somersault out of daddy's arms and on to the couch causing mommy to have cardiac arrest!!!
LOL no really...
1. Amelia can hold her head up completely on her own now
2. She is attempting to roll over
3. She can bear weight on her chubby little legs
4. She has discovered her tongue and loves to see and make spit bubbles
5. She smiles all the time NOW (thanks to lactose free)
6. And the beginning sounds of a laugh are quickly developingI am getting really excited about the bluebonnets blooming here in the next month or so. The baby dress that i wore for my first professional pics will be worn by Miss Amelia on her first trip to the bluebonnets for her pictures!!! I am so excited. She is the cutest thing ever. I can not get enough of her. Even when we were at our worst this last month and she had screamed and screamed and screamed and i had no sleep I could just look at her sweet face and just melt. I love my daughter so much and will gladly never sleep again if it keeps her healthy and happy!!!!
On another note Alberto and I have also been wedding planning. Yes I know you are probably thinking that I am on crack and trying to overload and kill myself. And you are right I am! So we picked a Venue!!! The Venetian in LAS VEGAS BABY!!!! Woohooo!!! We are going to dress in masquerade ball attire and get married on our favorite holiday... Halloween!!! All our friends and family are of course invited to come and share in this adventure, However we understand if many can not attend. So we are having a huge casual BBQ party out at my parents ranch the following Saturday. I am so excited!! I think i found gown. It is red velvet!! I will keep everyone updated on this as soon as i get some time to go try it on!!!So Woohooo I am going to be a BRIDE finally and not a bridesmaid...oh wait I am a bridesmaid one more time for my BFF this MAY!!! LOL
Well that is about it for now...Amelia is waking up...will continue later!!!!!!!!