Tuesday, October 12, 2010

TV and String Cheese?


It is official. I have seen it all.



A TV built into a grocery cart. Seriously? Are you kidding me? I mean, its not like my kid is an angel or anything and sits still without shrieking like a banshee while we shop for some Dried peas and string cheese, but I think I can keep her entertained long enough in the store that DJ Lance doesn't have to join us and our bread can safely check out without an incident.


Believe me, I am not an anti-tv mom. I love tv shows, movies and cartoons. I let Baby DIVA watch shows on the tube and she had her faves. But it is all in moderation. TV is never used as a pacifier or a babysitter. And this grocery store TV cart screams both. I am actually appalled that this is even an option for parents to use in the store.
Letting Baby DIVA explore the TV cart

I understand we are all in a hurry. I understand that pacifying a child is so much easier that actually dealing with the problem. I understand how embarrassing it is to be that one person with the screaming kid in the grocery store. And I can even recognize that this option could possibly look quite appealing in some situations. But I just do not think this is the answer, no matter how cool the technology.


7 comments:

  1. Oh boy. I can't believe that is an option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I have 4 kids and though I don't take them grocery shopping with me now I used too...all the time, I had no choice. And when you have no choice you just do it and you some how find a way to do it.

    I FINALLY got you on my sidebar so now I can keep up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I think TV's in shopping carts are a little excessive.

    Alyssa Ast
    www.alyssaast.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. And they thought texting while driving was a problem. I see lots of grocery store cart accidents in the future. I wonder if they come with a GPS too. Otherwise they might end up in someone's living room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading the title and then seeing the first photo I thought this post was going to be about a string cheese vending machine. And I wouldn't be against one of those. Except I fear the cheese wouldn't stay well.

    But then that's true of most things in vending machines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not necessary for my family - some it may be NECESSARY - but I am so glad that they have fancy schmancy shows going during hair cuts. I don't know what we'd do without that! Well, we'd have one long-haired boy is what we'd have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie! I am so glad you got your eye on me! I got my eye on you too!!

    christina I was curious about your comment so i went and checked. They have this little device in the carts that shuts them down at the door. So they can not leave the store. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin