Thursday, April 30, 2009

Swine Flu hits the Houston Area!!!!!

Wow!

My siblings old elementary school was closed down this morning due to possible Swine Flu outbreaks. Testing is being conducted to confirm these findings. The only confirmed case so far in the Houston area is in Fort Bend county. That is just one county over and where the hubbs-to-be works. Pretty interesting.

Here is a couple of good links wit hvery good information on Swine Flu in case who have been living under a rock or something...




and our local news website



I know the Swine Flu is just a serious form of the flu that many of us encounter on a yearly basis, however this year my view of any illness is completely different than that of years past. I now have an infant that I do not want germs of any kind coming near her in any way shape or form. I mean come on, Amelia missed her first ever Christmas pics this year on Santa's lap because she was so tiny from her early birth that I was terrified of those crazy germs jumping off Santa's suit and into her little body. Now I am not a germ-o-phobe, but I don't want her sick either. I also do not want daddy or myself to be sick. It is hard enough to keep up with a baby while sporting a healthy body. I can not even fathom the idea of caring for the babe while running a temp of 103 and feeling fluish!!


Amazing. Little Miss Diva has already had such drama unfold here in Houston during her short life. First we had Hurricane Ike rip through our grand city shortly before her birth. Then we had SNOW here in Houston a few days before Christmas (totally unusual). We experienced the great flood this week those closed our dear city for the day, She was/is born under the first African American president during a depression (first in my lifetime). And now the Swine Flu.


All I can say is she is a Diva and the world will never be the same now that she has arrived!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin