Monday, May 24, 2010

CHEAP thrills for bad moms

I have been in the worst funk for well over a week now. I feel like crap, cranky, bitchy, the worst mommy in the world, the ugliest pink haired lady, the works. DAMN Girl hormones. I hate it when they slap you down for no reason and make you feel like poo indefinitely. AHHHH!

In my funk, I decided I needed a spa day, only to discover that my pocketbook was not so willing to contribute to my need to be mood altering pampered. Bummer man! And it is too bad the lotto didn't work out for me and aid in this endeavor. Double Bummer! Since the balls didn't bounce in my favor i took a cue and decided to design my own destined future, I decided to grab laugh by the balls and say F OFF I NEED THIS NOW!!! Momma syndrome. Gets the best of us.
I grabbed some Epsom salt that I snagged from CVS super cheap a few weeks back. Hit the kitchen and pulled out the safflower oil, purple food coloring, baking soda and lavender essential oil. Yes I do keep ALL of this stocked in my house. All while sporting a smile, apron and not muttering a single nasty word or thought...scouts honor! WHATEVER!!!


I grabbed a glass jar from the craft room and dumped in 8 ounces of Epsom Salt, 1/2 cup safflower oil, a dash of baking soda and 4 drops of purple food coloring. I then dribbled in my fabulous lavender oil. Gave the mix a stir, a shake and POOF I had insta-spa in my house. I immediately went and took a nice long soak in a hot insta spa bath with my CHEAP, non lotto winning, impromptu design of a spa day for one bitchy tired momma.




I feel much better. You should try it. Enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. what a great idea for sure.. I would do the same..

    I hope this week is better for you.

    Have a great Monday..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I really should do the same. I deserve it, dammit. We all do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you given your bath salts a name yet? Glad it helped and you're feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin