Monday, November 23, 2009

I dont have a Jupiter size ass!!!

I have been craving lasagna like a mad woman the last few weeks. NO! I AM NOT PREGNANT! But you know lasagna just isn't the healthiest of foods. And lasagna is also one of those foods that makes you feel like your ass is the size of Jupiter after you eat it. Lasagna really needs to be consumed in the cooler months so that wearing of sweat pants to disguise your Jupiter size bootie seems perfectly normal.

Slaving away in the early morning hours!

Well that is all true, unless you make up this fabulous batch of lasagna that I cooked this weekend!

Ingredients
cooking spray
9 uncooked lasagna noodles
1/2 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1/2 tablespoon dried Rosemary
1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
1 (28 ounce) jar tomato pasta sauce
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes, or until onion is tender-crisp. Stir in broth and rosemary; bring to a boil. Stir in artichoke hearts and spinach; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in pasta sauce.
Spread 1/4 of the artichoke mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; top with 3 cooked noodles. Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese over noodles. Repeat layers 2 more times, ending with artichoke mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle crumbled feta on top.
Bake, covered, for 40 minutes. Uncover, and bake 15 minutes more, or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.



Freshly removed from the Fridge and ready for some cook time!

Oh my it was absolutely fabulous. H4L even loved it. He said he would even let it slide that there was no meat because it tasted divine! And you know what was really awesome about this recipe? I actually made the lasagna and put it all in the pan early in the morning. Then about 40 minutes before meal time, I pulled the covered pan from the fridge and plopped it in the oven. 45 minutes later wee were sitting down to a nice hot home cooked meal without me having to slave away in the kitchen hours before dinner. Totally fabulous! I would like to try and freeze a batch and see how well it holds up for future use! When I make this variety of lasagna again, I think I may add some browned ground turkey and maybe a tad more cheese. Just to give it a change. However the basic simple recipe from above is simply delicious and does not need to be altered at all if you want to devour some lasagna and not have to worry about sporting your fat girl pants!

Enjoy! Happy Healthy eating!

PS! I got so excited when I pulled it out of the oven that I forgot to snap an "all done" pic. My Bad! Use your imagination!




9 comments:

  1. I love Lasgana! I don't think my husband would be so accepting of the no meat thing, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this looks good! So now I know the mystery of my huge ass too much lasagna LOL :)

    Have a great day!

    Grissell
    stay-at-homemomwhoknew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just copied this recipe, thanks. I am going to try it and let you know how is goes.. yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i could get my hubby to eat spinach and artichokes :o( i think i'll scale this down for ME though!! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh it looks so good! Love to trick the kids and hubby into a meat free meal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks sooooooooo yummy! BTW, you need to change your tagline now! You're a married woman, no more hubs 2-be! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theta mom! I know I know. This old gal has been lazy about changing it! LOL

    Modern mom! it is quite a good way to hide the veggies. H4L thought that as well.

    All: My H4L said that if you just cook it and serve it to the hubbs he will like it. H4L said while munching on it he didnt even think about it being meatless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds fantastic!! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin