Thursday, November 26, 2009

Time out for mom Thursday: Thanksgiving style

I find it ironic that this week Time out for Theta Mom Thursday falls on Thanksgiving. I find it so ironic because my time out this week is of a different variety. It is a time out that I am very thankful and privileged to have. This week I took a mommy time out with my daughter. And I have never been more Thankful for it. How is it that a time out you may ask. Well This week, Wednesday to be exact, My Baby DIVA turned 1 year old. I took the opportunity to turn off all of my duties except being fun momma to Baby DIVA. Everything ceased to exist except my daughter and me. No laundry. No dishes. Not cleaning. No organizing. No answering phones, emails, or anything else that distracts me from my daughter. I simply tuned the world out and focused just on her for a full 24 hours.

It started when she woke up. I smothered her in thousands of hugs and kisses, much like I did 1 year ago when she first entered my arms and my life. We then dined on a fabulous breakfast of fresh banana and yogurt. Her absolute favorite, well at least today. This breakfast feast was followed my Baby DIVA and Pink Haired Momma "dress up" time. I enjoyed every minute of dressing her and brushing the wee bit of hair she has on her head. It is just now at a length where a tiny bow can be placed comfortably on her head. After we finished playing dress up, we loaded up in the car and headed out to our local children's Museum. Our museum has a fabulous Tot Spot. Baby DIVA enjoyed this to the max. I again tuned out the world and basked in the beauty of watching my Birthday Girl Baby DIVA squeal with delight as she made new friends and discovered a whole new world she has never seen. This is truly the greatest time out ever. A moment where nothing else matters in the world except the wonderful sound of your child's laughter. Pure bliss.



Tunnel time at the TOT SPOT


I usually enjoy my "me" time very much. This week however I am incredibly thankful for the gift that I have been given. That gift being motherhood. There is nothing in the world better than being a mom!

Thank you Theta Mom for reminding us each week to take care of ourselves! I feel blessed and very thankful to have met you in the blogosphere! And most of all I am thankful for being Baby DIVA's momma. My life is complete! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin