Friday, April 16, 2010

Disney on Ice Let's Celebrate

This past Wednesday night, Baby DIVA, my SIL, my Niece and myself loaded up into the fammobile and headed toward Reliant Stadium for a fun filled evening courtesy of the Houston Area Mommies . I was given the privilege of attending the fabulous Disney on Ice through a contest hosted on HAM . WOWSERS! I was stoked to have the opportunity to attend this event; but I was even more excited to share this fabulous festivity with my niece who just happen to have a big 7th birthday this week.



My Niece and Baby DIVA before the show


Me and Baby DIVA


We arrived in splendid fashion only moments before the show was to begin, something I do suggest to all parents toting a 16 month old to a big event like this. Although fun and exciting, they are 16 month olds and therefore any minimizing of "downtime" is highly recommended. Back to our arrival, we waltzed into Reliant Stadium with great ease, found our proper seats, and were delighted as the lights began to dim and the show began to come alive.



Opening festivities

Star sighting
The theme of this particualr fabulous event is "Lets Celebrate". A synopsis from the Disney website describes it best:
"It's one colossal party on ice, with all your favorite Disney friends! Join Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse as they celebrate a Very Merry Unbirthday Party with Alice and the Mad Hatter; a Royal Valentine's Day Ball with the Disney Princesses, including Cinderella, Ariel and Tiana; a Hawaiian luau with Lilo & Stitch; a winter wonderland with Woody and Buzz Lightyear from Disney/Pixar's Toy Story; a Halloween haunt with the Disney Villains and more in a magical medley of holidays, celebrations and festivals from around the globe."
The show was amazing. It is very interactive and stimulating for kids of all ages. As I looked around I saw almost every child in the facility staring with pure enjoyment, suspense and excitement down at the ice stage waiting with intense emotions waiting for the next Disney character to appear before their very eyes. I found that the high energy and vivid use of recognizable visual stimuli, for all ages, was a wonderful entertaining technique mastered by Disney. I was awe struck by the OH's and AH's not only from the children I might add, as each new character from the Disney collection made their presence known to the crowd. The creativity used to transition from scene to scene and to master the delivery of new characters really captivated my attention as a Disney lover and a critic. It was performed flawlessly.



Disney brought in EVERYONE!


Baby DIVA, being only 16 months old, and not too familiar with television shows and movies found the popcorn container to be the most delightful intriguing event of the night. She also rather enjoyed the full length mirror in the sizable bathroom facility.








My 7 year old niece shared with me her thoughts on the performance as we left Reliant Stadium , "That was the bestest ever". Her words summed up the entire performance and the entire evening. The satisfaction and enjoyment that oozed from my nieces character as we walked away from the stadium and talked was definitely awesome. Worth all the time in the world and every penny, if you ask me. I also found Reliant Stadium to fantastically accommodating to the family circuit, the Disney on Ice performance was spectacular and provided a wealth of entertainment for all ages, and the smile and happiness on my daughters (for the popcorn container) and nieces faces were priceless. I highly recommend this family adventure to anyone with children. Tickets range in price from $16 to $90, lending affordability to almost any budget. Parking is a mere $8 and can be cheaper with proper planning. Have dinner at home before heading to the show and this fun event can definitely be a cheap and exciting outing for just about every family around.


**I am not affiliated with Disney in any way. I was not compensated monetarily or by any other means for this review. All opinions are of my own thoughts and experiences at the event.

2 comments:

  1. All the articles very useful. Keep the spirit in writin

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAGH, I wanted to go to this! We went a few years ago in Dallas and I loved it! Your photos are adorable, so are you girl!have a great weekend! xOxO

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin