Monday, July 5, 2010

FLUBBER bounces in

I am beginning to think I am truly just a big kid trapped in a fluffy, fluffy 31 year old body. I love being around all the kids this summer. We are having so much fun. Even when the kids work my nerves (yes i am human and so not afraid to say that i do get my nerves worked every now and again), I still LOVE playing with them, teaching them, entertaining them, and getting inside their little minds and watching them tick. Its so cool!!


So we are still concocting all kinds of stuff from the kitchen. This last week we made FLUBBER. I wanted to show the kids the movie, but didn't receive it in time from netflix. Next week. So here is how it went down:
I gathered up and had these items pre measured out for the kiddos:
2 cups of white glue
1 1/2 cups hot water
1 cup warm water
3 tablespoons of borax
food coloring

I had each kid poor in 2 cups of glue and 1 1/2 cup hot water (i helped here as to prevent burns mind you)
Then each kiddo took the 3 tablespoons of borax and dumped it into the warm water and stirred until dissolved.

Finally the kiddos slowly began to poor the borax mixture into the glue mixture and almost instantly the FLUBBER began to take shape.

We added a few drops of food coloring at this point too, just for sh*t's and grins!

Sassy Gal and Video Dude got the biggest kick out of making FLUBBER, even though neither of them knows anything about the movie FLUBBER, to my dismay. BOO!! Baby DIVA got in on this kitchen concoction mess too. She looked on and directed and was more than pleased to play the QA role in touch inspections.




1 comment:

  1. Oh, how fun! It's easy to do new things here and there and kids just love it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin