Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bye Bye Chupy

Baby DIVA turned the big 2 last Thursday. And many of you moms out there know what that means. Time to take away the pacifier, or Chupy as we call it. We spent the last few weeks discussing this revelation with Baby DIVA. I literally could see my words going in one ear and out there other. I assumed it was a lost cause and this Operation chupy removal would be a nightmare.

I have been pleasantly surprised though. We have taken away Chupy for the entire day. Baby DIVA must turn it in to the Cabinet fairy in the morning when she wakes up. She can not have Chupy all day long, not even for naps, but at bedtime we let her have it. The magical cabinet fairy brings chupy back foor one special Baby DIVA. Just for this first week. Starting week 2 she must go night night without Chupy.

So far so good! She is a tad fussy in the car without her pal chupy, and seems to take an extra 10 to 20 minutes to fall asleep at nap time. But other than that we are soaring through operation chupy removal! I am actually kind of excited about it. I will admit I thought she wouldn't give it up and it was gonna get ugly. But I was wrong, at least so far!

Here is hoping potty training goes as smooth! :)


2 comments:

  1. Oooh. what a nice mommy! good approach!

    we didn't warn our man nor give him a chance to see it ever again after deciding it was going bye-bye and it also went ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Curdy thank you! How long did it take for your little guy to be to be completely ok with no chupy?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin