Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Do you remember?

My dear Friend K-teach is expecting her first child. 2 months from now we will welcome little K-dude into the world. He is scheduled to make his grand entrance on 2-15-2010.

Well K-Teach is so not excited about his arrival date being an eternity of 2 whole months away. She waddles about, grumpy as hell, pissed off at the world, unable to sleep, unable to eat, unable to get comfortable, and just plain miserable. I find it downright hysterical, with an edge of sympathy of course. I too recall being the most miserable person on the face of the planet on about the same time in my pregnancy with Baby DIVA.


But I can not help smile and think about how I was so incredibly miserable then. I cussed the very thought of intimacy with my H4L. I loathed the idea of ever getting myself into that predicament again. I detested all the ooh's and ahh's and rubbing of my belly. Now I look at K-teach and I ooh and ahh. I touch her belly and tell baby K-dude I can not wait to meet him. I giggle as I hear her voice say the same loud and very opinionated notions about pregnancy that I too babbled just a little over a year ago.



"I am never having sex EVER again!"

"I am NEVER going to be pregnant again!"

"I am SO OVER it!"



I have said these three common statements and meant every syllable. K-Teach is very adamant about these three statements. I am sure you too have had these three simple statements rip from your mouth a time or two as well.


What really brings a smile to my face is no matter how miserable we are getting there, motherhood trumps everything. I would gladly be 8 months fluffy miserable pissing on myself angry hot swollen pregnant again because being a mother erases all those horrible aches, pains and thoughts. And yes I do remember people explaining this to me when I was pregnant and I personally thinking they had fallen off their rocker. In fact I recently was shot a look from K-teach that very much resembled a "you have fallen off your rocker" look when I tried to explain to K-teach that one day she would forget and probably want to do it all again.

Oh pregnancy. The joys and misery. I am here for you K-teach! Love ya and YOU CAN DO IT. And I promise not to tease you in the future when you "forget" this misery and get all preggo again!!




2 comments:

  1. So very true! You do forget all the aches and pains and discomforts very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank heavens it ends well and we forget the last 9 months and the hours of labor; otherwise, I would only have 1 and not 3 and that would be sad for me. Best wishes to K-teach and K-dude.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin