Friday, March 26, 2010

I took a "Spring Break"

My name is Pink Haired Momma. I am your average SAHM. I cook, clean, gossip, and love my daughter and my family. I pretend to be a Pink Haired Supermomma, most days. I believe that I can wear my Pink Supermomma cape, flip flops and sport and skirt all while frying some chicken and boucning a baby on my hip, with a blackberrry in one hand checking my emails. We all know what happens in reality.

I also am a mommy blogger. I love being a blogger. I love having a blog that I can ramble on about really cool products, fun stuff that goes in my life, and an outlet to share all things involving a Pink Haired Momma life. I love making fabulous connections to other moms and friends around the globe, all of whom can relate to pink hair and mommahood. It really is amazing, but it also is a time consuming hobby. As much as I enjoy it, it does come at the bottom of my list of to do's. And when the my Pink Haired world gets busy and/or I stop having fun blogging, and it feels more like an obligation that a fun outlet, I take a break. I might look like a Pink Haired Supermomma, but in reality I too can get tired and stretched too thin. Luckily, I do possess the Supermomma trait of recognizing this exhaustion sneaking up and know when to call it quits and take a nice break from whatever it is that is overwhelming me. Especially when the overwhelming cause is something I really enjoy doing.



And that's just what happened the last 10 days. I closed my laptop and did not go any where near my blog, or other people's blogs for that matter. I took a refreshing "Spring Break" from the blogosphere. I felt this was a necessary break. I wanted and needed to spend some extra time with my daughter and my family. I wanted to lay on the couch at night with my H4L and watch non sense on tv. I did not want to spend hours at night tapping away at my keyboard, so I didn't. And it felt great. And now I feel fabulously refreshed and ready to tap away again.






During my Blogging "Spring Break", this was how my days and nights were spent!



4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I feel like I need to take a breather every once in awhile too. I'm glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I did a blog about this very thing about 6 weeks ago. I decided that my 4 year old was NOT going to grow up remembering my back sitting at the computer all day. I cut my posts down to about 3 per week from 6 or 7 and visit other blogs when I can. I feel so much better about being a mom and I know that other moms out here will understand.

    Glad you enjoyed your break. Don't hesitate to do it again the minute you begin to feel overwhelmed, we will still be here

    Have a great weekend and enjoy that beautiful family you have been blessed with :)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I have taken little mini breaks here and there. I am trying to put away the laptop at night. The hubs and I are spending way too much time side by side with our devices!! We need to unplug sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you guys had a great time! Hope you had fun! :)

    happy saturday my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin