Sunday, March 28, 2010

Memorial City Castle

Now that Baby DIVA is at a playdate friendly age, we have been out and about exploring our fine city and looking for fabulous things to do. And of course, my frugal self is keeping the frugal theme rolling in these adventures, always scouting out free or cheap fun for moms, dads and tots. This last week we had our first adventure over to a well known HOT SPOT playdate place. The soft CASTLE play area of Memorial City Mall.


Photobucket



I can definitely see why this is a hoppin' play date place. The castle is amazing. Gorgeous and caught my eye. I can only imagine what it must look like through the eyes of a toddler!

Photobucket


We teamed up with Love to Shop Mom and her little Miss Diva, and headed off to find the CASTLE. It was a breeze to find. The mall maps were plentiful and the mall was very stroller friendly. Quickly us moms and our tots caught site of the fabulous castle and it was ON. Baby DIVA shrieked with excitement as we parked the stroller, removed our shoes and were allowed access into the soft play area by a security guard behind a gated and locked entry, Which I found lovely, in a weird sort of way.


Photobucket

At first Baby DIVA had to do the usual toddler move, of "oh mom I am so shy, let me hide behind your legs". But she very quickly was invited in by all the bright colors and mystical decor that the soft castle had to offer. After a quick introduction and demonstration by me, showing her that it was safe, Baby DIVA became the Castle's Queen. She was totting about, climbing stairs, crawling through secret passages, sliding down drawbridges and swimming in the castle river, which is a blue pit of sorts that the tots adore.

Photobucket



Photobucket


We spent a good couple of hours at this lovely play area. Baby DIVA had a ball. I was impressed that there was not a huge crowd, we were there from about 10am until noonish. The weather outside was disgusting, so the small crowd made me very happy. The facility was very clean and the kids had a blast. I would highly recommend this play area to all local moms who are looking for an indoor fun and unique place to go! And the best part: IT IS FREE!!!!


Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love her cute little orange skirt! What a cutie!! I see these play areas at malls all the time, they look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything fits
    thank you so much! The play areas rock! I think they shoud have adult only sessions!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that spot as well!!! I have been going there for over 8 years as I first found it when I was nannying for some friends twins. I glad that you guys had such fun! That mall is just divine since being redone.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin