Sunday, March 14, 2010

Savvy Tot School

Color week was totally fabulous. We learned about YELLOW, because the sun was shining almost every day. We learned about BLUE, because the sky was solid blue, no clouds to be seen. We were fascinated by the color GREEN, as we watched the grass begin to grow and buds of winter tortured plants begin to wake up. All of the color activities planned for Savvy Tot School this week were shaken and stirred and new ones poured out, all because we had fantastic weather this week. It is wonderful to be able to expose Baby DIVA to natural learning!

To start off color we, we dined on a fabulous and "colorful" meal. Followed by reading of "color" books daily, that we carefully chose at the library. We also enjoyed our every morning drawing on the porch door coloring session with our super cool window crayons, which always includes at least one taste of a color. Thank goodness for non-toxic.
Photobucket
We also made a Hi-five board. This week to be used for color, but can be utilized for many many other themes. I traced my hand print on various colored foam boards, and then cut them out and glued them to a large board. Baby DIVA then could "Hi-five" the color we were discussing. She of course didn't exactly follow this game by the rules, but she did loved dragging the whole board around the house and attempting to say "Blue".
Photobucket
I think of of Baby DIVA's funnest color activity was whip cream painting!
Photobucket
Photobucket

All in all it was an incredible week. Lots of outdoor play, loads of colors to see, and tons of loving with my Baby DIVA!! Up next: The senses!

8 comments:

  1. Omg, I LOVE these pictures! What a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine how much fun the two of you are having! I so admire you! I wish I had that discipline!
    If you had any funny or touching moments, come link them up! I have a new mommy moment meme up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your mommying style! :) You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Great teaching style! I love the whip cream painting pictures! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are having so much fun. This really does help her learn and helps me not become the "put my kid in front of the tv" mom. It can be so easy to do that and i dont want it to happen! I find that I am looking forward to the project too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whip cream painting! That looks like a blast!! What did you color the whipped cream with?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin i used simple neon food coloring! She loved it! and it washed right off!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin