Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Porcelain Throne and the Laptop

Imagine for a moment the bathroom in your home. You envision the lovely porcelain basin there for your sitting pleasure. Your stack of important reading material close by, for those longer than expected moments. If you are a mom, it is quite possible you will see this image as a fabulous place of calm and quiet. I know for a fact that I am not the only mom out there that will shamelessly fib to her husband and kids about needing some time in the john, only because this grants her 10 minutes of silent alone time, and therefore the fib doesn't count. Ahhhh! Quiet. You reach for that new fashion magazine, er! parenting magazine, because again we are moms and we just can not stop, EVER. So instead we read the fashion or trash mag followed by our parenting mag, right?




Recently, I found myself following suit and doing the fib to H4L, "I need some time alone on the pot", only to discover I had with me a new "reading" material. Some how I managed to sneak myself into alone time, locked behind the door, propped up on the porcelain throne of peace and quiet, and there I was TYPING away. That is right my friends. Some how my cute little pink laptop has made its presence known in the bathroom. I have stooped this low. I have become that mom that fibs to the family for alone time and then is on the internet while active in the fib! Facebook, email, web surfing, I might have even made a purchase or two in there. My oh my what a treat I have found. My good friend "john" has shown me the way to quiet surf time!




Now what is really awesome, is you my readers will now always wonder, "Did she write this blog post while sitting on the pot?" HA!

4 comments:

  1. LOL...I think it may be time for an intervention. And you're right, that thought will always be in the back of my mind after reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get to be alone in the bathroom?! That's so unfair, not even THAT is safe from the kid, or the husband, cats or dogs most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally fibbing from now on.

    Why have I not done this sooner?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, you are the BEST! totally lmao @ the shopping, HAAAA, thank you! Hell, whatever works right! I may need to try that! lol

    thanks for brighting my day- you rock! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin