Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Madness: What new to cook?

Lentil and Broccoli Quiche

What you need:
1 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup dried lentils
2 cups broccoli
1 cup canned fresh tomatoes
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
ground black pepper to taste
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

What you do:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Photobucket
Place the onion and olive oil into a 9 inch deep-dish pie plate. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until onion is tender.
Photobucket
Boil up the lentils say cook them for about 20 minutes, until lentils are tender. Drain most of the water off, then place the broccoli on top of the lentils. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes. This will dry the lentils, and cook the broccoli.
Photobucket
Drain if necessary. Take the lentils, broccoli and tomatoes and combine with the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and seasonings. The pour mixture into pie plate and mix with onions, and stir to evenly distribute each item. Stir in cheese at this time if using.
Photobucket
Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the center is firm when the quiche is jiggled. Cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Photobucket

Pretty yummy. I got the original recipe over at Allrecipes. I think it needs a little more seasoning, but otherwise totally fabulous. Baby DIVA and H4L both put this lovely dinner away with the quickness, so maybe I am the only want wanting more spice. This was our "new" recipe of the week and I think it is a keeper!


6 comments:

  1. that sounds fab!! Oohhhh, and I'm your latest follower- WooHoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Allrecipes! I 'm signed up there and get a lot of suggestions and tips from the comments for each recipe. I have a great pumpkin bread I make that I picked up from that site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have never made a quiche, it does look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks delicious. I love quiche. I could eat the whole thing. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo good! Man, I could totally go for a healthy slice with an ice cold diet coke right about now! Btw...checked out your hubby's new blog, so super cute (in a manly sorta way)!

    I wanted to comment but I couldn't find the comment button...LOL!

    http://thepursuitofmommyness.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I'm checking out some new blogs today! I love yours! I follow you now, love for you to come visit mine! Thanks!

    Bridgette Groschen
    The Groschen Goblins
    http://www.groschengoblins.com/

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin