Sunday, January 31, 2010

Not dead Herbs

My domestication process has been in full swing in the culinary department the last few months. I have learned that a whisk really makes difference when mixing as opposed to a simple spoon. I have learned how to cook raw meat and serve it so that it doesn't bleed all over those folks chowing down on it. I have learned to appreciate that salt is not the only spice to be utilized. I have also learned that there is quite a difference between fresh and dried spices. I attribute this not only to the domestication process but to the simple fact that I am no longer a smoker. My palate is open and I can taste, smell and eat like never before! This fun fact brings me to my recent breakthrough; Fresh herbs provide a variety of tastes in my food that dried herbs just can not begin to harness. I like these yummy tastes, A LOT.



So I got an Aero Garden. I know maybe I just should plant some good ol' seeds in the dirt in the backyard and help the environment and blah blah blah. Well I have tried that. I killed my herbs. The only survivor is Rosemary, and let me tell you my Rosemary is this size of a toddler. The shrub is HUGE. But everything else croaked. And I really try, but man the summer and our freaky winter this year have killed everything.



The Aero Garden is a fabulous little Kitchen gadget that grows fresh herbs right in my Kitchen, without dirt mind you! Fabulous! Oh and since little Aero Garden is right in my Kitchen, I no longer have to say "I was too lazy to walk outside" and cut my fresh herbs (ie. Rosemary). Which I have told H4L on more than one occasion.

It was a breeze to set up. The instruction manual was easy to read and follow. In less than 5 minutes I had the entire thing set up and my little seed pods under lights cooking away. Now I must wait 5-7 days to see some sprouts...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin