Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday Tidbit

There is just something about drinking a pretty drink out of a pretty cup that just makes me feel like a sassy Pink Haired Momma. I enjoy drinking my can of Dr. Pepper out of a nice heavy wine glass early in the morning while I feed Baby DIVA her breakfast. And sometimes I even enjoy a nice cold glass of milk in a martini glass for, it provides for easy cookie dunking, late at night while snuggling with the Hubbs-to-be after darling Baby DIVA is snoozed away in her bed. It makes me feel like a grownup, a sassy Pink Haired Momma, an adult; even if it is just for a moment while I am sporting my pajama's and hair that hasn't been brushed in a week.

I was on a hunt through one of my many cookbooks this week and I came across a recipe that is fabulous. You can get a fabulous punch of protein and energy while your hair is sticking out in 55 zillion different directions, you have mashed up banana all over your clothes and the baby is wailing from the "corvette". It is a moment of pure mommy bliss in a glass; may only last a moment but it is there! After a quick toss of ingredients into the blender, serve this wonderful nutritious intoxicating protein drink to yourself for breakfast in a fancy smancy glass and feel like a sassy momma for a moment. Hold that fabulous breakfast martini in one hand and feed the baby with the other. It sure does make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and it provides a great punch of protein and energy to get you through the morning until baby takes a snooze and you can brush your teeth and hair!

Here is your ingredient list:
1/2 cup White Grapefruit juice
1/2 cup egg whites
1/3 cup ready to drink green tea
1/2 cup raspberries (frozen or fresh)
1 6oz container of vanilla yogurt

And here is what you do:
Blend all the ingredients in the blender
Pour into your favorite martini glass
Lift glass to mouth and enjoy your Momma moment of bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin