Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday Tidbit

It is so incredibly HOT!!
Texas is knee deep into SUMMER!!
Houston hit 100 Degrees today.

Pink Haired Momma is beginning to leave pink sweat puddles all over town. Not a lovely reminder to leave behind for others to recall about you! While I was hiding from the brutal heat and sun today behind the closed doors and darkened curtains that adorn my windows in my Full blasted Air conditioned home (Yep I will be taking out a loan to pay my Electric bill this summer, glad I am not pregnant! LOL), I was on the hunt for ways to beat the heat. I cam across all kinds of caulk this or tighten this tips for sealing your home up good and tight to prevent AC leaks into the brutal outdoors. Then I happened across this great website that had the answers to my problem with the heat...
Rock and Roll Ice Cream
First put that rock salt in the can with cream, sugar and the other ingredients before getting the kids to roll it into a delicious ice cream treat. Presto: Rock 'n Roll Ice Cream!
What you'll need:
3 pound empty coffee can
1 pound empty coffee can
1 Pint of half & half cream
1/2 Cup of sugar
Rock Salt
Ice (try freezing water in empty milk cartons or whatever container fits into refrigerator freezer.)
How to make it:
Be sure empty cans are clean and free of any smell or residue of soap.
In small can mix half & half with 1/2 cup of sugar. I usually add a small amount of vanilla. You can also add any frozen fruit you like.
Place small can inside big can. Add enough ice to cover small can. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of rock salt to ice. Be sure can lids are secure.
Now comes the fun! Put a sheet or other large covering on floor. Everyone have a seat on the floor and start rolling the big can to each other. This takes about 10 minutes of time. Look at the ice cream to see it is hard enough.If it is not, continue to roll a little longer.
Eat the ice cream and enjoy!

Another way to Beat this Brutal Heat is to just stay indoors and play on the Internet! Then you can find great places like this:

Rock and Roll Ice Cream Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin