Monday, July 20, 2009

Pink Haired Momma vs the eggplant

Well everyone Pink Haired momma got creative in the kitchen!
I know frightening.
But I do seem to be advancing in this area quite well and thoroughly enjoying every minute of it!

Well I had all that leftover eggplant and didn't have a clue what the heck I was gonna do with it. I was and still am terrified of cooking up something that looks super delish with the white eggplant only to feel the need for a porcelain god moment afterward. Everything I look at now makes me recall the yuckiness from my previous attempt at cooking these eggplant, and I still have 2 whites and 4 purples left. UGH!!

So I peeled off the skins of two white eggplants and two purple eggplants. Cut them in to chunks and then pureed them up in the blender. Then I took my Zucchini Bread recipe and substituted the eggplant for the zucchini. I was a bit nervous that this would cause involuntary vomit from myself and hubbs-to-be. I did not tell the hubbs-to-be what this bread was. I just said eat it you will like it.

Well hot diggity dog the bread is FABULOUS!!! Hubbs-to-be and Pink Haired Momma had a throw down on who would get the last bite. Who would have thought eggplant would be yummy in bread. Try it! It is fabulous!!

*yep no pics this time. Since I did not know what I was doing I did not want any evidence if catastrophe ensued! LOL*

2 comments:

  1. YUM! Can't wait to try it! I'm going to look for white eggplant at the farmer's market on Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea! Awesome! White Eggplant is pretty neat. Let me know how it goes and if you try any different recipes! I a mbound and determined to master the White Eggplant!! And I see your Market day is Wednesday too, you still gorcery gameing it? And is it just me or does the produce always look better on Wednesday???

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin