Friday, July 17, 2009

Zucchini Bread

Pink Haired Momma made bread from scratch!!!

Zucchini bread that is...

DELICIOUS!!!!!

Hubbs-to-be said it was the "Bizzomb". I rock! What can I say!

So how did I take this...


And turn it into this delicious treat?




Well I started out with the gigantic zucchini that I found this week at the farmers market. I jumped online to one of my favorite sites for recipes, Allrecipes, and found a fabulous sounding recipe for Zucchini Bread. Then I just followed some instructions and poof I cooked BREAD FROM SCRATCH!!!!!

So what do you need?

1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons lemon zest

***NOTE*** I eliminated the lemon zest because I didn't have any. And it is still super yummy!

And how do you put it all together?
Turn the oven on and set to 325 degrees F

Grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.

In a bowl, beat together the zucchini, sugar, egg, and oil.

In a separate bowl, mix up the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and cinnamon (and lemon zest if you use it). I then dumped the wet stuff and the dry stuff into my KitchenAid Mixer
and turned it to the "stir" option. When it is well blended pour the batter into the baking pan.
Bake 45 minutes in the oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool and enjoy!!

Seriously this is so fabulously yummy! Hubbs-to-be had to remove himself from the kitchen area to keep from eating every last crumb!!

6 comments:

  1. MMMMM YUMMY!!! i love all things zucchini related!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you! I love zucchini bread. I was hoping my zucchini in my garden would come in more than just one at a time so I could make some. I just picked a big one the other day, but I don't think it is big enough for bread (although my sister bugs me every day to try LOL). Yey for trying something new!
    Oh, and I love farmers markets too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovetoshopmom! ME TOO!!! Zucchini ROCKS!!


    Crystal! I only needed a cup and half of zucchini shredded for my recipe. I actally had extra zucchihi to cook separate. Maybe yours are ready!! Cuz it is soooooooo yummy!!

    I am gonna make zucchini chocolate cake today i think!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOOOOOOOOVE fresh out of the oven zucchini bread and some butter oh its HEAVEN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delish! I just picked up some zucchini at the farmer's market myself so I might have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candy! ME TOO, now! It is so fabulous. It is s osweet and yummy. perfect dessert!!!

    Chelsea! Try it. It is so easy to prepare and even easier to devour! I have made it two more times since this post because the hubbs-to-be is loving it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something Fabulous...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin